I turned to the girls in the back of the car and told them to pray because we needed all the prayers we could get at this moment.  I could see that F.B was already on it by the speed at which her lips were moving!  Google maps was telling us we would reach our destination with 2 minutes left before the train would be leaving.  Now that's cutting it fine.  Way too fine!

We made our way through the traffic, weaving in and out, with one eye on the road and the other on the time, it looked like we just weren't going to make it.  Then, as we got closer to Birmingham, Mrs Clever Clogs, F.B, told us to take the short cut because she knows the roads so well!  We just ended up going back round and things were getting desperate at this stage so that's the last thing we wanted.  She clearly doesn't know them that well!  Anyway, at the traffic lights outside the station, we took our opportunity to grab our bags and just run.  A quick goodbye to my husband and we headed straight to the station.

As we made our way down the steps to the platform we saw our train!  It was still there!  We'd made it!  F.B pushed the button on the train and waved her ticket in the air so we could get on.  A sense of relief came over us but it was short lived.  Nothing was happening and F.B was desperately trying to get the attendants attention so we could get onto the train.  But they weren't opening the doors.  We were so close, yet so far.  We had missed our train by 40 seconds.  40 SECONDS!!!!  We watched the train leave right before our eyes.  That was our train.  OUR train!  We were supposed to be on there!  Now what?

It gets better and better.  No, it really does!  Because at the customer service desk they kindly booked us onto the next train leaving at 9.30 am and we made sure we headed straight to the platform and sat down on the best empty seats we could find.  Seats with a table and charger ports just like I'd booked on the previous train.  We should have just gone and sat down in First Class after everything we'd been through but that was pushing it a little too far I think.

We looked at each other and agreed that we can't say we've made it to London, until we actually do make it there.  What a journey so far.  We decided not to tell Z.B because she was already worried about travelling on the train in her niqab alone.  She did have A.B with her though, who was a lot more calmer and much more chilled.  These two sisters are complete opposites.  I was tempted to tease Z.B but I thought best not to.  Well actually, my sisters told me "DON'T" so I listened to them as you do, sometimes!  And the whole time, all A was talking about was going to sleep!  "I'm just going to go to sleep for a bit".

A few hours later and we were standing in Euston Station surrounded by all the hustle and bustle trying to make sense of where we were and what we were going to do first.  But more importantly, we'd made it to London.  We were finally breathing in the London air, pollution and all.  It was London.  I don't think we could actually believe it.  We'd made it to London in one piece.

Luckily we didn't have to worry about where we were going to stay because we were spending the next two nights over at Razia's (my husbands cousin). She is most definitely the Hostess with the Mostest.  I'll tell you more about that later but let's just say, we had an amazing time.  She definitely spoilt us!  So that was one less thing to worry about especially with our train fiasco.  Can you imagine what the hotel situation would have been like?  Knowing our luck I don't even want to think about it!

Still standing in the middle of Euston Station debating on what to do first it would have made sense to get ourselves a tube map.  We wanted to go to Madame Tussauds, The London Eye and Harrods.  Can't go to London and not go to Harrods, can you?  M.B needed to use the restroom but at 30 pence a pee it wasn't meant to be.  Besides, they weren't very clean either.

When we had finally got hold of a map, F.B was in charge of working out which train we needed to catch.  After her 'short cut' to Birmingham, I wasn't too sure she could be trusted.  She made us walk round Euston Station, walk out and then back in, from one side to the other.  It didn't look like we were ever going to leave this station any time soon.  We'd made it to London but when were we going to actually see any of it.  Only time would tell and we didn't have that much of it either.

To be continued.......

Read Part 3